The personal data you provide to us when you visit our website is processed pursuant to the French data protection and civil liberties law of 6 January 1978, amended, and the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016, known as the GDPR.
2. Identity and contact information of the controller and DPO
The data controller is Agence Régionale du Tourisme Grand Est (hereinafter referred to as ART GE), located at Château Kiener – 24 rue de Verdun, 68000 Colmar, France.
For any questions regarding the management of your personal data or about exercising your rights, you can reach our Data Protection Officer:
- by e-mail at the following address email@example.com
3. Purposes and legal basis of the processing
ART GE implements various types of processing, based on legal foundations such as: your consent, a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, our legitimate interest or contract performance.
1) Processing based on your consent is carried out only for the purpose of:
- Managing contact requests
- Managing newsletter subscriptions
- Managing cookies subject to your consent
- Managing requests for documentation / brochures (e-books)
2) Certain types of processing are required for the purpose of serving the legitimate interests of ART GE
- Managing the administration and security of the website, the legitimate interest being to ensure the security and usability of our website
- Cookies used strictly for the purpose of providing a service, and cookies that enable or facilitate communication by electronic means
3) On the basis of the pre-contract phase or on the basis of contract performance, certain types of processing are carried out for the following purposes
- Managing job applications
4. Categories of data processed
Accessing our website automatically results in the collection of technical data and identification data concerning you.
|Technical data||Non-technical data|
5. Recipients of personal data
- Strictly authorised staff members of the internal departments of ART GE.
- Subcontractors of ART GE who process data in its name and on its behalf
6. Data retention period
ART GE will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary to perform and complete the purposes for which it was collected.
|Managing contact requests||The time required to process the request|
|Managing requests for brochures / documentation||The time required to process the request|
|Administration of the website||6 months|
|Managing newsletter subscriptions||Until you unsubscribe|
|Cookies used strictly for the purpose of providing a service, and cookies that enable or facilitate communication by electronic means||Maximum 13 months|
|Cookies subject to your consent||Maximum 13 months|
7. Transfer of data outside the European Union
Personal data collected through the use of third-party cookies and third-party applications may be transferred outside of the EU, particularly to the US.
In order to protect your personal data during any data transfer outside of the European Union, we implement standard contract terms with our subcontractors, pursuant to the requirements of EU Regulation no. 2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016.
In application of current legislation and regulations, ART GE and its subcontractors, if any, shall protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of your personal data by implementing the necessary technical and organisational measures.
9. Exercising your rights
Under the current legislation and regulations, you have the following rights:
- The right to access your data at any time (Article 15 of the GDPR)
- The right to rectify, update or complete your data (Article 16 of the GDPR)
- The right to obtain the erasure of your data (Article 17 of the GDPR)
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time (Article 13 -2c of the GDPR)
- The right to restrict processing of your data (Article 18 of the GDPR)
- The right to object to the processing of your data (Article 21 of the GDPR)
- The right to the portability of your data, when the processing is carried out by automated means (Article 20 of the GDPR)
To exercise these rights, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
• Contact our DPO by e-mail:
• Contact our DPO by post:
To the attention of the Data Protection Officer
Château KIENER – 24 rue de Verdun
68 000 Colmar – France
In case of difficulties arising in connection with the management of your data or the exercise of your rights, you may lodge a complaint with the CNIL at the following website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes.
Information on cookies and other tracking technologies
1) Definition and purposes
When the website is accessed, information about the browsing carried out by your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on the website may be saved in text files known as cookies, which are installed on your browser. Cookies are used to recognize your browser while the relevant cookie is valid, and to send certain information to the website, for example, a session ID or your language choice.
These cookies and other tracking technologies are saved and used through our website by ART GE and by third-party companies. Some are necessary for the running of the website, while others enable us to provide you with certain functions, such as location, weather forecasts, social media sharing buttons, etc., and to optimize your use of our website.
2) Managing cookies
You can retain control over your data and object to cookies being used, in two ways:
– By going to our cookie management module
– or by modifying your browser settings by consulting the websites linked to below, depending on which browser you’re using:
Please note that disabling certain cookies may limit the functions of the website and reduce your browsing quality.
To find out more, please refer to the website of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
3) List of tracking technologies and third-party applications
1. Google Maps – google.com/maps
To optimise our services and provide a visual display of our location, we integrate Google Maps into our website.
Google Maps is a service of Google Ireland Limited, a company incorporated under Irish law, with its registered office at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Personal data may be transferred outside the EU. For more information on data protection management and Google settings, please go to: https://policies.google.com/privacy
2. Google reCaptcha – google.com/recaptch
In order to protect our website from spam, we use the Google reCAPTCHA service to verify if data entered into our website, for example, a contact form, has been entered by a human or by an automated system.
Google reCaptcha is a service of Google Ireland Limited, a company incorporated under Irish law, with its registered office at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
3. Google Fonts – fonts.google.com
In order to ensure an attractive display of our services, we use Google Fonts, which provides the fonts used on our website.
Google Fonts is a service of Google Ireland Limited, a company incorporated under Irish law, with its registered office at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
In order to analyse browsing data, we use the Google service known as gstatic.com to optimise our website and improve our user experience.
This is a service of Google Ireland Limited, a company incorporated under Irish law, with its registered office at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.